Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Positive thinking

I have lots of things to be thankful for...counting blessings is easier these days.
But I worry sometimes...can I admit that? Yeah...I guess I can confide that it's an uneasiness that accompanies having lived a life on the edge of catastrophe for so long.
Important check-up today.
It's that knock on wood thing I guess.

So as a form of distraction and an overall attempt at making my mood better I am going to write a list of random laughworthy items. These things (words, phrases and concepts) whether the memories they produce, the images they conjure up or just the cadence of the word itself...they make me laugh. And I am certain that by the end of this list I will be cracking a smile.

  • Chia pets
  • Fanny packs---my mom still can't understand people's aversion to them
  • Crazy Science videos -- I filled in for Chem class today and saw oiled up leotard clad jugglers demonstrating atomic principles---among other edu-tainment atrocities.
  • kid leashes (come on, please parents!)
  • Fuzzy dice
  • The Wiggles
  • Abe Vigoda
  • Chuck Norris
  • Charo
There...that's better...now I am smiling.

No comments: