Monday, May 24, 2010

I know love because of Gramma

I can't put into words what I am feeling right now.
After an incredible weekend at the OMG Cancer Summit for Young Adults in NYC and all the emotions and high of that energy...there followed some difficult news. I am sitting quietly in my apartment hearing the birds chirp and feeling the profound loss of a most incredible woman- my grandmother.

As my plane touched down she was leaving this earth. She slipped away quietly and peacefully with my two aunts at her side.

When I've had time to soak this all in I will share more...but for now I smile--even in my tears.
I smile because for ninety-five years she graced this earth...and I have had the miraculous good fortune to have loved her for all of mine.

1 comment:

Francesco said...

really really sweet :)