Monday, July 21, 2008

End of a day's journey

What a wonderful Mom I have. She agreed to accompany me on my roadtrip before the LiveStrong Summit. The single goal of this pre-Summit roadtrip is to pick up three states (three of the four remaining to complete my goal of 30 states visited in my 30th year).

So as life's journey's often happen, the unexpected and the unplanned are often the most meaningful. We found a little town called Vermillion Ohio where we ate dinner. I have a soft spot in my heart for charming lake-side little villages and Vermillion is certainly high on my list of undiscovered jewels, for sure. Mom and I had dinner at a restaurant overlooking a river and watched the comings and goings of boaters. It was a nice way to end a day's drive. We then drove over to the public beach just in time to see the sunset over Lake Erie. Beautiful, isn't it? No really, I actually took this picture. Stay tuned. This intrepid traveller can't wait to share with you the next stops on the journey. Tomorrow's itinerary: Indiana.

1 comment:

Circular Logic said...

That picture is absolutely breathtaking. Maybe I'm just a big sap, or maybe I just get overly excited by beautiful things, but either way, it brought tears to my eyes.